The Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Scheme is our longest-running programme and is delivered at Years 12 and 13. Through YES, students get the chance to set up and run their own business for a year.
YES students will set up their company, create real products or services, compile and implement a business plan and make real profit or loss. For all students, the business knowledge they develop is supplemented by skills in teamwork, communication, problem solving, negotiation, and decision making. Students learn through experiencing the value of innovative thinking and develop enterprising attributes. YES is an incredible learning experience that thousands of students participate in each year.
The Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Scheme can be used to deliver the following qualification pathways:
- Business Studies Achievement Standards (Levels 2 and 3)
- YE Certificate (24 credit equivalents at Level 3)
- NZIM Paper 836
- Check out this sample from our YES Teacher’s Guide for more details about qualification pathways
Each YES company can also enter regional and national competitions, culminating in the National Awards where the Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Company of the Year is announced.
- Designed for: Year 12-13
- Duration: 1 year
- Cost: $35 per student (payable by the end of Term 2)
- Resources: Teacher’s Manual and a wide range of resources all available free from our Resource Centre. Student resources available on this website and via Facebook.
- For more info: Contact Robyn Frey, Head of Enterprise – Senior Secondary